Saturday, March 3, 2018

My Book Club Experience - Part 1

                        " Books don't go with you ,
                   they take you wherever you've never been . "
                                                                           - Anonymous

After I had my little one I hardly found any time for myself . Reading an adult book was never on my list then . I cannot however say that I never read a book back then . In fact I started reading out loud to my little one since she was few weeks old ( yes few weeks old ). Check out here . And now I have a voracious little reader in making . As baby K or toddler K now is growing up I want to expand my love for reading beyond Dr. Seuss and Brown Bear and Llama Llama . So when I came across a book club near me I jumped at the opportunity to join .

Honestly I was scared attending the meeting as a first timer. I hardly knew anyone and I was not sure what to expect . I thought we would be some strangers sitting together with some awkward silences and long pauses. I was completely wrong . It was a very lively and engaging book club experience . We had a wonderful discussion . Being around ladies who share the same love for reading is what was at the core of this book club . I felt right at home . The hostess was wonderful too . Hot masala chai, yummy appetizers and thought provoking discussion equals time well spent . I am already looking forward to the next meeting . Great conversations and fun times ahead . Stay tuned .

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words Gargi ! I enjoyed the book club discussions and it as pleasure meeting a talented, warm individual like you. See you soon for next book club discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Valentine Day Project 3 - DIY Starbucks Coffee

 I am a huge Starbucks fan. If you have read my previous posts by now you know caffeine is an inseparable part of my daily life. I live by t...