Sunday, February 13, 2022

Valentine Day Project 3 - DIY Starbucks Coffee

 I am a huge Starbucks fan. If you have read my previous posts by now you know caffeine is an inseparable part of my daily life. I live by the motto "But First Coffee". And so does my kid's teacher. When we got the wish list for homeroom teacher I saw the teacher mentioned Starbucks. Instead of getting a gift card I found a very nice pink coffee travel mug as a gift for her . It said valentine gift all over it. So I instantly got it. Instead of just wrapping it in a gift bag I decided to make a Valentine box for the teacher's gift . The kids are supposed to make valentine boxes to keep their classroom goodies in. So I took this teacher gift a step further . I made a Starbucks coffee cup with a planter and bowl . First I painted the  plastic planter  pink . I chose pink because I had that color at hand. Plus pink goes well with the valentine theme. Red would have been equally good . I inverted a white plastic bowl on top. But it did not look like whipped cream. So I tore bits of white tissue paper. Then scrunched these bits and added onto the outer part and bottom of the bowl with hot glue. Finally rolled a green cardstock to make a straw. Using my heart shaped punch I added the heart shaped sprinkles onto the whipped cream. The actual Starbucks cardboard cup sleeve came in handy. I glued two of those together and added this around  the planter. It also has the logo on it. I put the travel mug inside this planter ( Oops!I mean cup ) to disguise the gift. I hope my kid's teacher enjoys this DIY planter turned Starbucks coffee cup as much as she enjoys her actual travel mug . What are some of your favorite gifts for teachers ?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine Day Project 3 - DIY Starbucks Coffee

 I am a huge Starbucks fan. If you have read my previous posts by now you know caffeine is an inseparable part of my daily life. I live by t...