Sunday, February 13, 2022

Valentine Day Project 2- DIY Truck Box

 My kid and I made this fun truck from a Kleenex box . This truck is to keep her school valentine goodies in. I loved the challenge to use an existing box and come up with a storage container . We were able to recycle existing trash, use supplies at hand and not spend a dime . On Pinterest I saw many shoe box projects . But I wanted to use something else . Kleenex box lying around the house looked perfect as it had an opening already to put stuff in. The Kleenex box is in the middle and is wrapped around in  3 pieces of cardboard. I used an empty diaper box to trace and cut the truck shapes for either sides . I made the top with another long piece of cardboard placed in between the truck shapes holding the Kleenex box.  I left the back flap open to put gifts in. It sort of mimics a trunk opening . Once the structure was ready I let my kid take over . The final decorations were largely my kid's creativity.  We used a heart shaped punch to add hearts on the top keeping in line with valentine day theme. My kid learnt to use the punch last year during our valentine project . ( check it here ) Of course we used scrap pieces of paper to punch out the heart shapes .The license plate reads "kisses ". The pink color, bunting and hearts made it all come together to look so  "lovely" in the end .

What kind of box would you use for your project ?











1 comment:

Valentine Day Project 3 - DIY Starbucks Coffee

 I am a huge Starbucks fan. If you have read my previous posts by now you know caffeine is an inseparable part of my daily life. I live by t...