Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Working Physician Mom

Every working mom needs advice and support .This makes the transition into the new phase of life very smooth. I am glad I have a guiding star.

I met her during my residency . She was a year ahead of me . I spoke to her once I matched at the program. And our bond of friendship grew stronger and stronger since. 

During residency we always spoke about our future over chai time and occasional dinners . We shared our thoughts about starting a family . Her daughter was born a year before mine . Since then she has been like  road map to guide me through this journey. During residency I always asked her advice about reference books and articles  . Now it's about parenting and baby stuff. Our talks range from fever guidelines and otitis management to  swaddle blankets and baby clothes .

Both of us are working moms now. We are trying to juggle work and family life at the same time. Just like millions of moms out there. Sometimes its about the giggles and babbles .Sometimes its about the tired sighs and sacrifices. But day by day we are learning , trying to focus and prioritize. Sometimes easily and sometimes not so. But in the end its all about being a caring doctor and a loving mommy .

Dedicated to my physician mommy friend RD . Thank you for everything. Hope that our baby girls will also be buddies just like their moms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine Day Project 3 - DIY Starbucks Coffee

 I am a huge Starbucks fan. If you have read my previous posts by now you know caffeine is an inseparable part of my daily life. I live by t...