Thursday, January 6, 2022

DIY Mason Jar Wood Sign - 1

 Wood signs can be used anywhere for indoor or outdoor display. They can be used for  rustic home decor, welcome sign , lake house, country decor.....you name it . I decided to make a wood sign for christmas decoration. I had blank mason jar wood signs that I had got off of Amazon. With some nice patterned vinyl I came up with this christmas decor. What do you think ? 

Materials -

Blank mason jar wood sign 

Vinyl

Twine

Hot glue gun 

Cricut explore Air 2

Embellishments (optional )


Instructions -

1. I measured the blank wood sign. Given the mason jar shape I decided to use two different vinyls. One for the lid and other for the jar itself. Once I finalized the size and shape on Cricut design space it was time to cut the vinyl

2. I cut the patterned plaid vinyl for the jar itself. The lid shape was cut using the oracle 651 permanent plain black vinyl .

3. After weeding the vinyl I applied it onto the wood sign. I used a scraper for smooth application .

4. I wrapped the twine around the neck of the jar/sign. It also helped me to make a hanger in the back using a loop of the twine.  used hot glue gun to secure the twine to the wood sign.

5. I added lettering using white vinyl .Finally the foam snowflake was a little embellishment for my sign to look more festive .


Tips -

1. You can use adhesive spray onto the wood sign before vinyl application . It will help adhere the vinyl better .

2. Embellishments are optional but they surely add to the beauty of the sign .

3. Do not shy away from patterned vinyl. Play with patterns and blank vinyl just like you would put an outfit together .

4. You can trace the wood sign shape onto vinyl instead of using a software like design space. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine Day Project 3 - DIY Starbucks Coffee

 I am a huge Starbucks fan. If you have read my previous posts by now you know caffeine is an inseparable part of my daily life. I live by t...