Sunday, January 16, 2022

Pandemic Pantry - Bread Pockets

Bread pockets are such an easy thing to make. Perfect for making a batch before hand or even for to go meals. I love easy recipes with fewer ingredients especially when I have to make them in bulk.  It has been a current favorite at our house for lunch box for past 2 weeks. Best part is I made them in my Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer. So goodness of taste and healthy recipe all in one . Do give it  atry and let me know. 

Ingredients -

Whole wheat bread 

Olive oil 

Pizza sauce

Onion

Bell pepper

Carrots 

Corn 

Salt to taste 

Mozzarella cheese 

Instructions -

1. Chop all vegetables except corn finely for the filling .Heat oil and add pizza sauce. Saute it for 2-3 mins till it starts bubbling.

2. Add onion and saute till translucent .

3. Add remaining vegetables except corn and let them cook.

4. Finally add corn and saute for 1-2 mins.

5. Turn off the stove, add salt and then mix in shredded mozzarella cheese. 

6. While the filling is cooling down cut edges from brown bread slices. Then roll them flat with a rolling pin .

7. Once filling has cooled down stuff it into each slice and close edges with a touch of water . 

8. Preheat air fryer to 350F. Air fry for 5-6 mins and they are nice brown colored and crispy .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine Day Project 3 - DIY Starbucks Coffee

 I am a huge Starbucks fan. If you have read my previous posts by now you know caffeine is an inseparable part of my daily life. I live by t...